What is “Black Mirror”?
I watch t.v maybe 3 hours a week, two shows max and I’m hooked on this series!
This show speaks to our generation about the problems we are facing
Specifically, technology/social media.
We live in a generation where our “worth” is calculated by the number of “likes” we get on our pictures, and statuses.
We have turned ourselves into slaves of technology.
We spend most of our time online, completely “checked out” from reality, living someone else’s life. Why? Only to escape ours.
Some of us are willing to buy fake followers and likes JUST to feel valued as human beings! When is enough enough?
Black Mirror now has four seasons. Each episode is different and extremely intriguing. It’s sure to get your mind thinking.
I think it’s a “must-see” for a few reasons:
- We are essentially forgetting what a real connection is and what it feels like
- We can’t sit with someone for more than five minutes without checking our phones, maybe less than five if God forbid the phone buzzes during dinner
- We look up to people we never met, instead of real people we interact with
- Relationships are being RUINED by a virtual world
- Our attention span has shortened because we aren’t fully invested in the “now.”
The list goes on…
We’ve never been so “off,” so robotic, so disconnected
Years from now, we will look back and wonder why we wasted so much time not living
If we don’t change, we will become known as “the generation of regrets.”
I hope this series helps people understand the consequences of their actions
I hope they start “disconnecting” so they can finally connect.
I hope we all stop existing, and start living.