Damaged hair is very common nowadays.
I have personally dyed my hair more times than I can remember and as much as I love a great change, it does damage the hair a lot.
Plus, it can take a very long time to get it back to looking/feeling healthy again.
So here are 3 steps you can start taking today for beautiful/healthy hair:
STEP 1 – STOP USING HARSH TREATMENTS
- Chemical hair dyes (whether professional or not).
- Bleaching your hair – It will destroy your hair by causing dryness & frizz.
- Chemical straightening or curling – I know, this will be tough at first but the only way to get your hair back to its natural roots is by letting it be natural.
STEP 2 – BE GENTLE WITH YOUR HAIR AFTER WASHING IT
- When washing your hair, don’t rub your head vigorously. Instead, massage your scalp with your fingertips and GENTLY massage the shampoo through the hair.
- Don’t squeeze out excess water right away. Give it a few minutes and then use a towel to gently pat it dry.
STEP 3 – SHAMPOO NO MORE THAN ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK
- When you first stop washing your hair everyday, your hair will overproduce sebum (an oily secretion of the sebaceous glands). It does this because the hair is used to being washed daily.
- Give it a week or two, and your hair will start getting back to normal and will stop looking greasy.
- If you are concerned about your roots looking greasy until your hair is back on track, try using dry shampoo (bought at any pharmacy).
- You can also make your own by simply mixing 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Make sure to apply only where your hair is greasy and then comb it out.
Ladies, hope this was as helpful to you as it was for me!