Once upon a time…
The Holidays were the happiest time of the year for me
I think a lot of my readers can relate to a time they felt the same
Every year since I moved to the United States, all I’ve done is feel sorry for myself
Every end of November is a reminder of what I no longer have
A huge family to celebrate the holidays with like I used to growing up.
This year, you could say it’s a bit worse
My mom/best friend won’t be here this year either
She traveled to Brasil to be with her mom, brothers and sisters
But I want to change my mindset this year and challenge you to do the same
We can’t change what’s changed (pun-intended)
HOWEVER, we CAN start new traditions
Start new traditions to look forward to that fit your CURRENT life
Because everyone deserves to feel joy this time of the year!
So here are some new traditions I will start this year
Let’s call it my Holiday Bucket List of Joy:
- Try a holiday baking recipe every year!
- Go to at least ONE holiday party that a friend throws (no exceptions!)
- Donate to a homeless shelter or volunteer
- Invite TWO people in your life to see one Christmas movie at the theaters
- Wear Christmas PJ’S on Christmas morning or Christmas Eve
- Go to Mass and thank God for all your blessings (at least once)
YES! So the plan is to have this list on my fridge as a daily reminder
And also, so I can check it off as I complete my traditions.
Obviously, yours may be different than mine
Or you may like what I have.
Either way, I hope this year- you transform your thinking and find joy.
(above pictures from Legacy Place in Dedham)
Great shopping plaza 😉